Translate

Jan 5, 2021

° Embroidered Painting °

 

° Embroidered Paintings °

Has it happened to you that you are in the process of decorating your home/bedroom/studio/workshop and you are in the search of THAT painting to place on a wall that will make a difference, but end up with nothing because they are all expensive!?

Many times frustration either will make you give up or will turn you into a creator!

I fell in love with a Buddha painting that i wanted so much in my living room's main wall, but unfortunately price was little too much and I was going through a lot of expenses in that moment so I couldn't get it.

Saddened and frustrated I started thinking on how to recreate that same painting at home. I wasn't having much spare time to actually paint it myself so i thought of another way : searching the web!

When I found something 90% similar, I saved the image in my pc ( size should be "Large", I chose one of over 2000 ). 

First step was ready! Getting it printed was the next step!

Once I had it in my hands, I needed to search for a material that wasn't expensive nor heavy. 


 

My choice was polystyrene foam! Its thick in texture but not heavy at all! besides its also very cheap :D

I had a cutter at home so I cut the polystyrene foam leaving approximately  5 cms more on each of the 4 sides of the image 

Once cut and in order to get an even surface, I used gesso to cover it all


I let it dry overnight because I found out polystyrene foam takes longer in drying. Once dry, I painted the surface with a mix of yellow and white acrylic paint ( 1/2 small cup of yellow x 2 cups of white + 1/3 cup of water )

Couple of hours is enough for getting a dry surface!

I found an old blouse with a nice embroidery on it that was in my donations bag. I thought I would cover all 4 sides of the image with the embroidery!




Next step was to glue the image, center it nicely and then proceeded to glue the embroidery in all 4 sides of the image!

The final step was to make a small hole on the back so I can hang it on the wall, where I had a hook previously installed.

Here is the final product!. I did the same for my other 2 rooms! 




Hope you liked and maybe, try it yourself! 


SK Moon

3 comments:

  1. Wow! really nice idea! I will definetely try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have many embroideries that I didnt know what to do with them. Now I do! :)

    ReplyDelete